Monday, December 31, 2007

I hope you feel at home

I hope you feel at home in this new colourscape! Finally I got the time and energy to make this space look like I want it to.

Feel free to step onto that deck and dream away. There is nothing that can make us feel as free as water can. That is also the reason why I chose this picture, taken in Paris in September, to be the welcoming picture of Nihil Declaro - Nothing to declare.

I was also fascinated by something Mary Morris, the author of the book "Nothing to declare - Memoirs of a woman traveling alone", said.

''Women who travel as I travel are dreamers. Our lives seem to be lives of endless possibility. Like readers of romances we think that anything can happen to us at any time. We forget that this is not our real life - our life of domestic details, work pressures, attempts and failures at human relations. We keep moving. . . . Nostalgia has no place for the woman traveling alone. Our motion is forward, whether by train or daydream.''

So there's the package. I do hope you'll stay a while.

No comments: