Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Look into my eyes

Ah, a lovely day behind me! I have spent all day on a boat and in water, beneath the surface, with a tube of air on my back. And I still feel like the waves would be pushing me up and down, even though I left the boat some hours ago.

It was my first time scuba diving - and definitely not the last!

The first contact with the gear in water gave me a sense of panic! "Get me out of here!" My eyes must have yelled, wide open in horror. But I must say, my instructor with the beautiful turquoise eyes was a pro. "Calm down" he showed me with his hand. "Breath." "Look into my eyes." I did. Then he took my hand and posed it on top of his heart. I was calm. I was ready to dive.

And when below the surface for a while, I didn't want to come up. All that beautiful world took my breath away - thank God for the regulator :)!

It is not every day I see one meter turtles swim in the same space as I do. They would freeze to death in the waters where I'm from.

I cannot do anything else than recommend Mask and Finns for when you are in Thailand, wanting to get your diving experience.

No comments: