Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tigers in the snow and some music

I needed to get back to the movie La tigre e la neve that I mentioned in my previous entry. There are some pieces to that movie, that make it fabulous:

1) The life-loving style of Roberto Benigni.
2) The storyline that is full of surprises, right into the end.
3) Tom Waits and the song You can never hold back spring that is a recurring element. See the intro including Tom Waits.

A spoiling element was the middle part of the movie, that felt a bit like one would be listening to a broken record. But the end made me forgive a boring middle, and as always with Benigni, it was beautiful.

Please do see that movie, if you haven't already.

And some music..

I got myself something interseting today: Sly and the family Stone's Different Strokes By Different Folks. Working with the album many of my favourites: Will.I.Am, Maroon 5, Isaac Hayes, John Mayer, Joss Stone and others. (Follow those links to hear some bits and pieces.)

I'm happy about that addition to my collection of excellent musical vibes.

No comments: