Saturday, December 8, 2007

Gone, going, gone..

Gone, going, gone..
Remember that song?
Remember how we felt?
With all the emptyness inside
With only a song to share
as a last goodbye.


Do you still feel
my head in your lap,
my tears on your sleeve?
Because I do, I do that
I still do
feel the stroke of your hand
the pain in your glance.

The song you chose
"Gone be the birds"
Burnt a hole in my chest
"if they don't want to sing"
And with my tears running
down on your skin
I looked at
Jack and thought
it's a battle I cannot win.

For all the pain I feel inside
there is an equal pain
in
your mind
And for all the songs
that connected us by heart
There are as many
that will bring us apart.

So what can I do
I cannot change my love for you
I will still listen to
Jack
Knowing it won't bring us back.
Gone, going, gone..
Remember that song?

Gone (Going)

No comments: