Monday, December 17, 2007

Eating alone

For people in Thailand the worst thing there is, is to be eating alone, so they don't. Instead you see people gathering all over to eat where ever and when ever. I have, on a few ocations. got the "poor thing, eating alone" look, and I'm quite sure, that mnany of those extra broad smiles have been empathy smiles.

But that's fine by me. In enjoy eating alone, as long as I've got something interesting to watch. Like other people eating. Which kind of makes me eating in company, doesn't it?


I've also got the question "where is your husband?" many times. Or "Who are you traveling with?". Saying I travel alone gives the anser "Impossible!". And what usually follows is a great discussion about one thing or the other in life. I just had a great discussion with "Mickey". We shared a lot of thoughts and our philosophy in life seemed to be the same. It is always as nice to discover, how we people are alike, no matter what part of the world we come from. It happens every time.

Tonight I'm giving "eating in company" a try. We'll see how it goes.

Also read the poem of the day, I'll post it next.

No comments: