Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What a Vedder [waddawedda]

I must say, I am once again thankful for getting sources of inspiration from people I love. Yet again I am truely happy about this one.

Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam). Oh, Eddie, what you do to me with your lyrics and your voice. Listening to the Into the Wild record feels a bit like

Watching a train leave
with the love of your life inside
Seeing it move
further down the track
Becoming smaller and smaller
Thinking
Maybe it is not the train - but yourself
who is getting smaller and smaller
While the pain in your chest
Grows bigger and bigger
And the only thing left
soon will be
Your big heart
That still is warm
So warm
And still you're standing
Still you're watching
Knowing
You will wake up
Stronger.

Back to Eddie. I have a clear favourite, particularly because of the lyrics. Guaranteed. Listen to that. The lyrics are beautiful as a whole, but there is one magical piece that is pure beauty of words:

Don't come closer or I'll have to go
Owning me like gravity are places that pull
If ever there was someone to keep me at home
It would be you

Other truely excellent tracks are Hard Sun, Rise, Long Nights, End of the Road. Well, actually they are all excellent.
I am truely happy about Eddie. Thank You.

No comments: