Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy poem of the day

I feel extremely down, so I thought a happy poem would do the trick. Let's give it a try at least.

Closing my eyes
I feel my feet push away from the ground
Must be my happy boots, I think
while listening to the sound
of silence around me
While the earth becomes smaller and smaller
I find myself strangely free
From anything that kept --
me from being me.

Upwards and away.
Surrounded by colour.
Must be my happy boots, I say.
Where they lead me, I will follow.

I will not be shackled
My heart will break free
My happy boots proved
That I am still Me.

That wasn't too happy. Nor did it work. I should be packing for my upcoming trip. And one thing, that brings colour into this day, is a book I bought. Like the flowing river by Paulo Coelho - it seems to be exactly what I need in this moment. I cannot wait to start it, to enjoy it and to finish it.

Coelho's books are taking a lot of space in my book shelf. I do admire his poetic writing.

I took a sneak peek at some of the pages, as I was deciding on whether to buy the book or not. In Statutes for the New Millennium I read something I liked.

[...]
11 Every human being should keep alive within them the sacred´flame of madness, but should behave as a normal person.
12 Only the following items should be considered to be grave faults: not respecting another's rights; allowing oneself to be paralysed by fear; feeling guilty; believing that one does not deserve the good or ill that happens in one's life; being a coward. [...]

I also read some of the travelling advice (Travelling differently) with pleasure, where advice #4 says: Try to travel alone, or if you are married, with your spouse. - Only in this way can you truely leave your own country behind, says Coelho.

This is a book I will share, as many others.

So, getting to the end of this entry, do I feel brighter? Well, at least I got my mind on a different track for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

In the intervals between battles, the Warrior of Light rests.

(Manual of the Warrior of Light)


Merry Christmas!

Aart

Mika said...

Thank you for your comment, Aart. I was just reading Coelho's blog the other day, and I must say, I will be a regular. My next entry will be about thoughts that emerged from reading "Like the flowing river", I do hope you will be back for that.

All the best, Mika