Thursday, January 17, 2008

No need for additional shelter

I have another story for you.

The year is 1999 and the month is October. I am walking along a rainy street in Florence, Italy. The rain keeps pouring down and there is still some hundred meters to go before reaching home.

I stop at the red light and suddenly I see a shadow above my head. I look up. It's an umbrella. And the hand that holds it over my head belongs to a tiny nun. I look at her - both in surprise and gratefulnes.

"Thank you", I say, "But you should keep it over yourself". The nun looks at me and smiles.
"I already have my shelter" she says, and looks up towards the grey sky.

She holds the umbrella over me until we reach the crossing where we split our ways. Me walking the last 50 meters to my front door, the nun walking to her monastery.


You are totally right. This
picture has
nothing to do
with the story. I just like
penguins and this is my blog.

No comments: