Saturday, January 12, 2008

Lovers Dream

As I walked through an half-empty airport on Thursday night, I heard a beautiful voice singing beautiful tunes. They filled the emptiness of those halls, where people had long ago forgotten about everything else, everybody else, just waiting to find their way home.

I had to ask at the counter, who is the artist they are playing? It was Anna Ternheim, a Swedish singer, who put a spell on me in that moment.

I encourage you to look up Anna, and take a listen to Lovers Dream. It is a beautiful, beautiful duet with Fyfe Dangerfield, and the lyrics are as sad as the tunes that accompany them. Even if a Saturday morning, I'm letting those tunes fill my inside, knowing - knowing so well - this is a Sunday morning song.

Here's a piece of the lyrics:

Put me to rest
Lay your head on my chest
Hold my hand
When you leave
Don't wake me up
Just to see how you say goodbye

Maybe I could be yours
Maybe you could be mine
God, I waited so long
Maybe my time has come
To walk by your side

I am utterly impressed. And touched.

No comments: