Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Conversations with the Universe

Today I was very happy about travelling. Why? Because first, on the flight, and then, on a train, I had time to read Like the flowing river. I didn't want it to end just yet, so I put the book away at some point. I will finish it when I am heading back home in a couple of days.

I must say, a lot of thoughts emerged from reading that book. As always, when reading books by Coelho, I am forced to turn away from the people around me every now and then, to dry my tears with the back of my hand. The texts are very powerful, and they do affect me.

It is not too many weeks ago when my friend looked at me with wide open eyes saying: Your life is like straight from a Paulo Coelho book! She was right. I had noticed the same thing. So many miracles, big and small, surrounded me. And the thing that amazed me the most was that I actually paid attention to them, I noticed them. I noticed the universe doing its best to show me what it's all about, to give me what I needed the most.

The thing is, miracles do happen around us all the time. I think they happen every day. We just need to be perceptive to notice them. We need to tune in. A lot of Coelho's text are about just that perceptiveness.

The hard thing is to learn how to stay sensitive to the universe, how to stay perceptive. I do believe, that a big part of staying connected to the universe is about staying connected to one's inner self, to one's soul. That sounds a lot easier, but I do find it quite hard. Surrounded by our daily life and everything it holds, good and bad, work and play, it's easy to forget about one's true self. It's easy to not pay attention to the voice of one's soul, when the sounds around us are so loud.

No comments: