Friday, January 1, 2010

New beginnings 2

I've always found it interesting, the thought of dividing time into bigger and smaller entities.
A year is such a big entity of time that it surely needs to be celebrated. At the same time,in many ways, it offers us possibilities to start over.

So do I want to start over this year? In some ways, maybe, in others not. 2008 for me was about change. 2009 has clearly been about digging deeper, about strengthening the core, about bringing depth to the shallow. I have enjoyed the year that went. Even if it has been a more stable one than the one before. Then again, a wave cannot be a wave if there is no change in its shape. Maybe 2009 gave me the rest I needed after a turbulent time in my life.

2009 has been all about dancing, and I have enjoyed it immensely! All those steps on high heals, all the times when having my back hurting from keeping the posture - it has been worth all of it! Dancing is one of the best ways to feel totally free, to feel totally connected to the self as well as to your partner. Yes, it has been a treat, 2009.

2009 also made me feel like some people were slipping away, like water running between my fingers. Therefore 2010 will be about keeping my loved ones close, not letting them slip.

Last year
I said I'd go into this year with my senses sharpened, with my chest turned towards the sun.

This year I will do my best to see the beauty in what's around me, to open up my senses to what is below the surface, to breath in love and compassion and to breath out unrest.

As for New beginnings 1, step here.

Happy New Year!

No comments: