Friday, December 25, 2009

Resolutions

A new year is knocking on the door again - how did that come to happen so soon?

As always I reach out for the new year
as a child waiting for Christmas.
Full of anticipation,
anxious to see what's to come.
I want to close my eyes and do no peeking
but I am too curious to succeed.
Oh if I only could
be shown a glance of what is ahead!
Just a few moments of what is hiding
behind the curtains of 2010!
A new year and new resolutions.
Those I am glad to make.
Not to take the chance to grow would be stupid,
since making progress is one step on the way.
So I hereby solemnly declare
that next year will be one of love.
I will overspend, I will give all that I have
And maybe get some coming back again.
I will do my all to be kind
To set example for the best of my own.
I will try to be humble in front of life,
I will laugh from my heart and cry from my soul.
I will stay open to what life has to give
and constantly give of myself.
In return I will not ask for anything
but gladly take what's offered instead.
Good or bad, joy or sorrow,
for this I know -
it'll all be a chance to grow.


Best of luck for the coming year - keep loving in 2010!


No comments: