Monday, January 25, 2010

Days like these and moments like those

Days like these.
So far away from moments.
(Moments like those)
That made us catapult up in the sky
(And the grass drew maps on our bare backs as we lay there)
That made us feel heavy.
Remember those nights?
(When I could feel your breath on my neck and still none of us moved, nor uttered a word)
They were full of those moments.
And still we are waking up every morning
to a day like this.
(How many universes could we fit in between?)
Feeling fine, feeling content.
Yet having the notion someone pushed the fast forward.
Feeling fine, feeling ok.
Yet so many glasses emptied in between.
So many smiles flashed.
(On days like these it's more in my face than ever)
As it's becoming quite clear.
Days like these, they will never be made of moments like those.
(Please don't make me wake up just yet)
(I want to squeeze these sheets in my fist for some longer)
(Because the memories are in these scents)
(And at times I feel like being pulled back in)
(And at times I'd like to let go)
(At times I know and it makes me anxious)
(How much longer?)

No comments: