Sunday, September 14, 2008

New beginnings

There is something remarkable about moving into a new home. It's something about the feeling of a second chance, of new beginnings. It is a bit naive, I guess, but the new surroundings (even though for me, it's two blocks from where I've spent the last year) seem to bring with them also a new set of hopes and dreams.

So is it really just a foolish thing to feel, that a new flat might give me a new chance in finding love, friendship, happiness?

Or is it maybe possible, that moving two blocks farther north will bring new winds, open up to new sceneries, for new ways of relating to life? I like to believe that. I believe new sceneries will always make us see things in a different light - because the change of angle. For me at least, my first night in my new flat will be the beginning of something new. Let's wait and see.

This year so many changes have taken place. As one of my friends said, it all started when I cut my hair. So what do we know, maybe small things can start an avalanche, put life in movement, make things happen.


No comments: