Saturday, September 6, 2008

Is it really September?

Is it really September already?

That feels strange. I guess what happened to Juliet also happened to me, losing days getting caught up in life. Not a good sign. We need to stay focused to the world around us - so that we don't miss that scent of autumn in the morning, leaves turning more yellow day by day, apple trees letting go of their fruit. Because that is life, not those calendar pages filling up.

I have a Sunday poem for this marvelous Saturday.

My steaming cup of Illy
Reminds me of mornings of fall
And how I enjoyed waking up
By myself.

A steaming cup of Illy
Can make almost anyone
Selfish.

It's not that I wouldn't want to
Share it with you.
Or with anybody
that fills my soul with Joy.
It's just that
I don't mind sharing it
with
Nobody
Making that cup
-- Making that day
My own.


No comments: