Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's early in the morning,
but honey, I ain't sleeping yet.
I'm out surfing
and it is no mistake,
I know what I am looking for
There are G and Jack and Eddie
Rodeo clowns and Constellations,
-- and by now I know
I know where I'm heading --
Some tunes from Ben and it's all I need
Dreaming away, chasing tunes
Letting the music become the moves
of oceans building up inside
Honey, it is a high tide.
It might be the magic of being part
of the darkness of a winter morning, but --
when light comes and pushes away
Jack and the clowns and the rest of the bunch
-- I still need it to be true, all of those and me and you
and all of what still is left
between layers of life
Just to know for sure that
magic does happen and sometimes
it'll take the shape
of tunes on the tube
building up
a soulful mood.

And when I'll finally close my eyes I know
That's all we need.



No comments: