Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'll carry that

It's a long way from now to our past.
Still we're dragging a lot with us.
No matter how certain we are
that a lot of it should have been left along the way.
Still knowing a lot of it was what drew the paths we made.
Also new ones.
Making us wonder.
Was what we did right?
But choosing to believe,
it was all for the best.
Cause when a decision is made
it would be weakness to say
"STOP! Let me get off right here!"
"Even if I'd have to walk all the way back.
All the way to the station where I got on."
And so we choose not to.
We carry on, travelling in the direction
we set off in.
And why is that?
Would all the heavy baggage that we carry with us
be too hard to explain?
Never considering
someone might give us a hand saying
"I'll carry that".

No comments: