Thursday, December 25, 2008

Follow your dreams

I believe in dreams. I also believe we once in a while notice that some dreams speak to us on a deeper level than others. It should be quite easy
to separate those dreams from the more ordinary ones. Some of the most deeply affecting moments in my life have occurred after very strong dreams. Shouting loud and clear what within days have been shown in real life. Last night I had one. I don't believe it is as much of an epiphany as it is a reminder.

The girl cried big, round tears. They rolled down her cheek. "Don't cry", I said. "This feels bad right now, but soon you will see, you can still fulfill your dreams." She looked at me with a sparkle of hope in her eyes. They seemed to ask "Do you promise?". "Keep following you dream, keep doing what your heart wants you to do. Even if it at some point seems that your dreams won't come true, they probably will. Sometimes they will chose another way than the one we imagined." The girl looked at me. She had stopped crying. "How do you know all this?", she asked. "I am no life coach", I said, "but I do know how to speak from my heart".

So that was the reminder: Keep doing what your heart tells you to. Dreams sometimes come true in different ways than we've planned.


No comments: