Friday, December 19, 2008

A fragile enough state

This year is coming to its end, and as typical human beings, we tend to analyze what the year brought to us, as well as bring forward our hopes for the coming year.

This year I have managed to stay clear sighted about many things. Everything has not dawned on me straight away, but with time I have seen pieces fall into place. To see things in life for what they really are, one has to be in a fragile enough state, I believe. At least that is how I have become more sensitive to the world and my own life. We get what we need, we really do. Sometimes straight away, sometimes in time. Sometimes we just realize afterwards.

So maybe I didn't notice everything this year, maybe some miracles passed me by without ever touching. But those will become clear later on.

In some way I feel that last year was about opening my soul to the world, I became, in many ways, the person I am now. This year was about receiving. This year was about learning how to read signs. With a soul bare naked it is so much easier than when we try to cover up. I am stripped to the bone.

So what about next year? Do I have hopes? Certainly. Plenty. But one of them is to stay as bare naked as I am right now, not to lose touch with my soul, not to lose the connection. With the world, with life, with those in my life who make me who I am.

What about you?

No comments: