Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sudden rush

A sudden rush of melancholy
Like rain coming from nowhere
It showered me
Leaving me cold.
I guess I brought it upon me
I guess it was my fault
For returning in my mind to times--
Dwelling.
[2. To exist in a given place or state] Yes. ...
Lingering.
[1. To be slow in leaving, especially out of reluctance; tarry. See Synonyms at stay1. Yes, definitely.
2. To remain feebly alive for some time before dying.
That's how it feels.
3. To persist: an aftertaste that lingers.
Yes, it won't let me go.
4. To proceed slowly; saunter.
Because I feel I have to. (And I'm wearing heavy boots) [see below *]
5. To be tardy in acting; procrastinate.] Because I cannot hinder myself.
...
All of this

After a day of sun
After having the warmth tickle my skin
And I felt like twitching involuntary like from the anticipated touch of a lover.

My God. How can I let in the sun again? When it will feel like the touch of your lips? How can I open my eyes again and see the sky, without feeling the ubiquitous sensation of loss?

Yes. I felt life rushing through me as the wind touched my skin. For a moment I - again - found myself lingering in the feeling of your stroke.

Someone is smoking a cigarette. I wouldn't mind having one myself. To smoke all of this off.

* I desperately wish I had my tambourine with me now, because even after everything I'm still wearing heavy boots, and sometimes it helps to play a good beat. (From Extremely loud and incredibly close by Jonathan Safran Foer)

I love Jonathan. I love his way of writing, of escaping. Read Extremely loud [...] and continue with Everything is illuminated. A masterpiece. I guess I should see it on film as well, the trailer paints a beautiful landscape in ones heart, don't you think.

No comments: