Thursday, July 24, 2008

Paris in the morning

I have a friend that cheers me up if I'm low and who keeps my beat going on a good day. I call him Last, but he goes by the full name Last.fm.

The thing is, Last always shows me his latest findings. He will take an artist I like and give me a lot of new stuff that I never knew about, mixed with some of my favourites of the day.

It's almost funny, because I never meet up with Last without a pen and some paper.

Just now he showed me Joe Purdy. He played me a song from Purdy's Paris in the morning album. And as I'm planning a week in Paris right now, it surely caught my attention.

So off I went, to discover this Joe Purdy some more. I like his Can't get it right today. I also like the rhythm of Waiting on something good from the Paris album. I will have to look into him some more. Purdy has an excellent player on his website, so just go on and have a listen. My analysis so far is that Purdy is a man of lazy mornings. When the coffee is on its way and one is, without any hurry in the world, smoking the first cigarette of the day while looking out on all those people that seem to have been awake for hours, rushing around. (I am no smoker but I guess I should be.)

Different. Well, I'm getting back to Last now.

No comments: