Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A state of perfection

Forget about every single line of text I've posted before.

WHY?

Because never before have I entered such a state of perfection, such a state I am in right now. I can feel life flow through me with a force of the universe. I feel all experiences of mankind inside my heart. Right now.

It might sound ridiculous, but what pushed me into this state of extremely profound well-being, of extremely intense LIFE is the book I mentioned some posts ago, Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer.


Again, you say? Didn't we discuss that already? Yes. We did. But I was not ready for this at that time. What pushed me over that fine line was an experience that - believe me or not - is created as pure marketing. And as it still holds its grip around my heart, as the pressure of the hand squeezes my heart into a space not big enough for its force, I am left overwhelmed.

So what happened?

I received the movie by the same name as the book yesterday. I didn't watch it. I was too tired, so I decided to postpone it.

And this morning I entered the world of Jonathan Safran Foer's imagination. It is a beautiful, beautiful world, I'm telling you. And it hit me like I'd ran into a brick wall. And it left me - well, as I said - in a state of perfection.

I wanted to read about what other people had said about the book Everything is illuminated - the book that is on the top of my list right now.

I stumbled over a website. It is called "Who is Augustine", following the quest of the book.

The website gives a total experience of the magic of the book. It has captured it all. (I am sorry. I feel this one will become my second Neruda. Something I will never be able to let go.)

In the section "Visit the Ukraine" you'll find the pieces that in my eyes were hit by the strongest beam of magic.
You will find The Chorus of The Dial Waltz Song for Soon-to-Be-Married Men. You will find the Kolker and Brod making love through the hole in the wall separating them from each other. With the beautiful

"The three lovers pressed against one another, but never fully touched."

I will hate returning back to normal life after this. The website was made, for not so surprisingly the customer Jonathan Safran Foer, by era//404.

I need to dig deeper in this. I will need to make Foer's The Project Museum my next quest. And hopefully, it will suck me even deeper into this state of perfection.




No comments: