Friday, February 8, 2008

What kind of drugs are you giving me?

When every note, every tune
Takes a grip of my heart
And twists and turns
So hard that it burns

Burns and burns
Makes it bleed
Gives me exactly what I need
Lifts me up, pulls me down

Is this how it's supposed to be?
What kind of drugs are you giving me?

I feel I see life magnyfied
A thousand times and more
And the pain makes my heart ache
more than before
And my soul warms up from the smile on my face
It makes me think
- Maybe it's just the throbbing base?

Jack Johnson awaited me when I got home.
I prepared a nice meal to enjoy Sleep through the static.

Even though - every note, every tune - dig their way into the deeper chambers of my soul, I have found my two favourites: Go on and They do they don't.

There are a couple of lines of Adrift that makes it special, though:

This moment keeps on moving
We were never meant to hold on.

No comments: