Saturday, February 2, 2008

Closer

I just watched the movie "Closer" with Jude Law, Natalie Portman, Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. It wasn't the first time - I had forgot I already saw it once.

But as it started with
Damien Rice's "Blower's daughter" I was captured. I couldn't escape. And there is something magical about that movie. In all its sadness. In the greyness of London.
It gives no hope. Yet it's beautiful.

I want to get back to
Anna Ternheim for a bit. I am still listening to her album Separation Road. And I must say, after first having Lovers Dream as my favourite, it is now Calling Love. Because that is how it is.

All the same, whomever's to blame for this
I call love by your name
I take it's no use, but I miss you still
Calling love by your name

Love is a strange thing.

And I rented a love movie. Before Sunset. Not like me at all. I'm saving it for Sunday morning. I'll tell you what I thought.

The idea is intreaging: What if? The question we never want to ask but always do.

What if we had done things differently?
What if we decided to take a turn and later on find ourselves thinking: Was it right? Should we have done differently?
The good thing with life is that we'll never know. That will make it easier to say - of course we made the right decision.
But then again.
We see things that remind us.
We feel the scent of a perfume,
we see someone that reminds us,
we hear a song that takes us back.
What if.

And then there's always Paris.

As in Before Sunset.

I must leave you. I am meeting up with someone in 20 minutes. I feel a good Saturday evening is ahead.



No comments: