Thursday, February 21, 2008

Falling in love with the city

I noticed something yesterday: I live in a beautiful city.
I usually notice that in summer, when you can see the water surround the whole city, when you can stroll along the waterline, no matter where you are going.

But yesterday, as I took a walk through some areas where I haven't been for a while, I fell in love with the city, all over again.

Maybe it was the magic game played by reflections of the snow and man made lights - maybe it was the winter sky that made me feel on my knees. I don't know. I was amazed by the rhythm of the buildings - old and new - of lights and shadows. It was like being let in on a secret, like peeping through a keyhole, seeing things that nobody else knows. But me and the magic forces of night.

It is not every day one gets to be romantic when it comes to a city that has been one's home for a lifetime.

No comments: