Monday, March 22, 2010

Poem of the day


I am travelling through the universe
within my soul.
At times I feel I bear the spirit of everyone
who was here before.
The rivers I cross, I've crossed before,
The people I meet, I've heard them call my name.
Travelling through life, it is a journey in it self.
Done so many times by so many souls.
Is there really anything new to any of us?
The joy we feel, when did it start?
Whose smile was to break out to become my laughter?
Whose eyes watered to make tears run down my cheeks?
All the pain we feel, it has been heavy to bear for a long time.
All the happiness within, it has been running through our veins for centuries.
Don't worry. It doesn't end here, because it didn't start with you or me.
Follow the flow of the past and it will push you into the future.
Let your happiness run through somebody else's veins.
Bear your pain and you'll ease the pain of the centuries to come.
We are the spirits of those to come. We are the paths they will trace.

No comments: