Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It only takes a blue day

Remember what I said about barely touching those dreams? Today I got to know I didn't catch one of them. So close, yet so far. The strange thing is, I did catch the other one last week. A dream of mine came true. And now - now I feel it doesn't lift me that high, after receiving news about losing the other one.

I know, that is the wrong reaction. But still it is a reaction, a spontaneous feeling. And as we all know, I treasure those the most.
Today, though, after letting everybody that matters to me know, I have received some words on the road. Since I have managed to pull myself upwards somewhat because of them, I'll share them with all of you. Maybe some words will make somebody else stronger as well.

About loss:
- When it hurts the most, that's when you are the closest to achieving great things. (my brother)
About self-esteem:
- Think of yourself as when you were at the highest of your highs, never of when you were at the lowest of your lows (my brother)
About hitting the bottom:
- You need to hit rock bottom to be able to move upwards (my friend and ex-colleague)
About destiny:
- Losing a dream only means that something even better is waiting around the corner (my friend)
About other people's perceptions:
- Soon somebody will see your true spirit (my former boss)
About belief:
- There is no limit for when to stop trying. Try again and again until you reach your goal. (my brother)
About G&T's:
- Sometimes you need one, sometimes you need a few. Have as many gin & tonics you need. (my brother)
About easing the pain:
- Can I ease the pain with a Jazz club event in London? (my friend, the light of my life)

Yes, thank you, all of you. It only takes a blue day to be reminded of the love I'm surrounded by.



No comments: