Sunday, November 29, 2009

Your life must be all good

"I need to tell you."
The man had returned to me after already taking a few steps in the opposite direction.
I looked at him. He had a smile that reached his eyes. I like that kind of smiles. Some people only smile with their mouth. He smiled with his whole being.
"You are a person that makes people really happy, just by being there." He was still smiling. I was a bit confused.
"Maybe it's just you that I have that effect on." I stumbled in my words as I tried to laugh the matter off.
"No, it's not just me. Your life must really be all good for you to be that way." He had no idea of how wrong he was. My life certainly was not all good. Not bad - but not all good either.
"I feel I won the game just because I'd seen your smile before I started." He was waving his tennis racket in the air.
"Congrats."
"Now don't go have an accident with your bicycle."
I mumbled something of an answer. The words came out in the wrong order. He now must think I'm foreign.
As I bicycled home, all I could see was that smile of his - always making me feel so happy.

No comments: