Monday, November 23, 2009

It's all about music

So finally I get to the point: music.

I enjoy a lot of different kinds of music and that is a definite plus. During a couple of weeks I have had the luck to find some new sources of inspiration. It is an enjoyable mess, all together, but I'm sure there's something for almost everyone.

1. N.A.S.A.: Spirit of Apollo

Oh my. This album goes straight up to my all time top 5, and it doesn't even seem hard. 17 tracks out of which 17 are great! Top that! Great mixture of really talented featuring artists. The best example there is to give is Gifted with Kanye West, Lykke Li and Santigold. Others to mention on every track, but I'm going to settle with M.I.A., David Byrne and Tom Waits. Check out the videos as well (A Volta is excellent, even though so violent it's a bit over the top), many of them pure masterpieces.

Check out the official NASA here: http://www.youtube.com/user/officialNASA

2. John Mayer: Say

I started to dig into the new album of John Mayer (haven't we all waited for that!?), Battle Studies. I like Who Says, especially the video. Digging, I found the somewhat older Say. I especially like the lyrics and the part
"Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
It's better to say too much
Than never to say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open
"



3. Melanie Fiona: Give it to me right

Here we have it all: the mood, the beat, the woman, the voice. I like the old style feeling, the smokiness, the sassy attitude. I feel like lighting a cigarette. Enjoy!

4. Bat for lashes: What's a girl to do

This is a bonus: It's all for the great video.

5. Venus: Beautiful Days

I heard this for the first time as part of the soundtrack of Hellsing. And I was mesmerized. There is a magic to the sound, it is undeniable.



No comments: