Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ain't it strange, life

Life. Ain't it strange.
All those hopes we're living on -
Carrying us from day to day.
When to move and when to whisper
When to wait, when to shout.
How to know what's going to be
Beautiful.
How to see beforehand
Hurt coming.
Love and be loved.
It will hurt us all.
We will stumble, we will hold our heads high
We will fall.
When to stop and when to continue
When to go back.

How can we be right
when so many things can go wrong?
A fear of falling
keeps me from walking on the edge.
A fear of drowning
In my own tears.

And then again
It brings a smile to my face
Just thinking of the moments when
Hope
Words
Dreams
Scent
Touch
--
It all came together
As fingers cling
Entwine.

All in one moment.
It'll go on forever.

Yes.
I grasped for so many things
So many words shouted,
So many thoughts whispered.
Some of them heard, others
Forgotten.
Yes.
Life. Ain't it strange.
Sometimes like shouting towards the sea.
Words will be scrambled
And at times I hear them whispered back
to me.
Smudged.
Or even more beautiful.
Life.

No comments: