Friday, August 21, 2009

The scent of autumn


The garden of Versaille, one year ago.

This morning I felt the scent of autumn in the air.
Fresh and welcoming, yet making me feel a sense of loss.
I am not ready for fall yet.
I am not ready to give up all those things that I've attached to summer.
Long days and short nights.
Bare feet.
The sun warming my skin.
The waves rolling in.
Friends and strangers on their way home
at five o'clock in the morning.
All those 'good mornings' and 'good nights'
When the sky is light and some are waking up, having their breakfasts,
others are ending the day before.
Dreams that are just moments away from becoming --
Reality.

I want to hold on to my summer.
I want to feel the grass beneath my bare feet.
I want to keep the sense of dreams --
Coming true.

Summer. Don't leave me for a long time now.



No comments: