Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And magic returned

The Gandhi quote of the day I find very suitable:
"A living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm."

So this is how it always goes - you hear about a piece of good music and before you know it, it has lead you to magic.
I was lead, by the hand, to magic tonight.

(You'll like the guitar in this one)



You know, one of those lovely phone calls with the person who is just that close to your soul. It all feels nice and warm, cozy. You talk about this and that, about dreams and reality, about making dreams into reality, about music. The Beautiful Girls, he said. Yes, I felt that one. I felt it all. Thank you. And then I stepped further and stumbled. It took only one step, ending in a stumble, and there I was, ready to take it all on. Mat McHugh.


Is it just me being totally off? Does it ever happen to you like that, that you just feel your body open up and let the magic flow inside? That's what happened to me tonight. I'm sure I had the right mood anyway, feeling totally warm and fuzzy. And the magic returned to me. Suddenly you don't see walls and dark streets and the dishes that still are undone. You don't see the time and the hurry to get some sleep. You don't see work, you don't see people, you don't see obligations, you don't see vacations that already are planned but that don't fit into the calendar. You see energy, forming a circle around you, pushing away everything else. And you see it grow and you see it move like waves of an ocean. And you feel strong.

And you feel touched by magic.

That is what happened tonight. Not bad for an ordinary Tuesday. Tomorrow will be no ordinary Wednesday. No way.

Go to www.matmchugh.com and have a listen to Seperatista. If you hate ska, just take a leap when you hit that and move on to the next one. There are a lot of pearls on that album. I especially like Fall to pieces. And Loneliness. The first part of it is excellent. Then it continues, and magic happens.



No comments: