Friday, August 21, 2009

Horizon 2

It's about an hour ago since my last post. I don't care. I was reading my old posts and I found my heart. It was broken. And as I poured myself another glass of Chilean wine, I decided to do something, that could be unforgivable; I'm posting the same song for the second time.

Rachael Yamagata's Horizon. Last time I said it is in no hurry to get to the end, it fills its space and does not pretend in any way. Yes, all of that is true, and still it fills my heart with those forgotten sorrows, that only a soul-touching song, poem, touch can find. There is a sweetness to sadness. It is a feeling I enjoy in many ways, its softness. This very Damien Rice-ish female singer is worth taking a second listen to. Go ahead, feel vulnerable for a few minutes.



And when you feel for something more upbeat, here's how I stumbled over Rachael. Yes, it is the wonderful Jason "Bring your board" Mraz. I love that man.

Did you get my message?

No comments: