Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thank you Charlie!

I was extremely lucky today. I guess. Remember Charlie from my previous post? Of course you do. Anyhow. I won two tickets to his show in London next week. Yeih!! Is that fab or what? Unfortunately I can't be there. Bummer. But don't you agree that it was sort of a lucky strike anyway? No, I am not being paid by the tobacco company...

So isn't that just great! Something else I consider great is the salsa this Monday. Oh God. Sometimes I feel I could die happy after having an hour of salsa. It is that overwhelming feeling of being as content as can be, of being one with - yourself - strangely enough.

So this week my regular partner was on vacation, but I covered my own back early on, making sure I'd have a partner anyway and wasn't gonna miss out on anything. And a partner I got. Yes! You cannot believe the amount of energy - positive energy - that fills my blood vessels when everything falls in place! And this partner really got my blood rushing! I think we are a perfect match - at least on the dance floor. We did not manage to do the perfect salsa just yet, it takes me a few more minutes than 60 to get used to a new partner, but somehow I felt that the energy was flowing in the same direction with the same speed within, through and around these two bodies, merging to the rhythms of a great salsa.

And the best thing with a new partner is that you actually get the possibility to learn so much since the things are done in a different way than what you're used to. Different steps, different way of communication. Ah. No wonder I love dancing so much, it really is communication. Nonverbal.

And yes, that is confirmed by Wikipedia.

No comments: