Friday, July 10, 2009

Law of attraction

Ok, here we go. I have thoughts upon thoughts in my mind right now, so excuse me for the lack of structure in this post.

For anyone who has read my posts during the past year it has been evident that I've gone through a transformation within. I've come closer to the core of myself, and at the same time I have felt closer to the greater meaning of life. I've been lucky enough to look at life from a different perspective than before, pushed into it by life-altering experiences. All this time I have felt so blessed.

Today I sat down after work and watched a TV-show where the subject was the law of attraction. I was very early on in life thought by my brother that it always speeds up the realization of dreams to visualize what we want. He always told me "First visualize it, then act like it, then be it." The TV-show of today, how ever, gave some new thoughts on the law of attraction as well as created new thoughts in my simple mind as well. For example, and this is quite clear, positive thinking will attract positive things. A definite yes from me. Visualize what you want, say it out loud or write it down - it will come to you. And in connection to that - and here's one of my ahaa's - if you hang on to something, wishing for it more than anything, holding on to it with your teeth - it won't come to you. We need to be able to wish for something, visualize it happening, and then release it. Wow! I'm with them on this.

We've all surely experienced the moments when we say something out loud, and then it just happens within minutes. Like saying "Why can't I find a paper clip when I need it?" and there it suddenly is, in front of you, or as I once experienced, pushing my luck further when something came up seconds after asking, asking for even more - and the same thing there - it just happened. I was really blown away - two things, small but still, happening like by pushing a button. Why do small things happen when we wish for them, but big things won't? I have my theory on this: Could it be the small things are coming true in order for us to keep our faith in bigger things?

Then again, bigger things have come true, sometimes just to fade shortly. Like life would be saying: You asked for it so here you have it, but it ain't right for you. Maybe we sometimes "get there" too soon, when we aren't really ready or when the circumstances really are not in place. Like a year ago I got the job of my dreams - the job I always wanted to have. (Not to forget the job I had at the point was the best thing ever, even though I'd never known that beforehand). And what was the outcome? I soon realized that what I had dreamt about almost for a lifetime, really was not what made me happy.

I believe there are big things ahead of each and everyone of us. Things we never knew to dream about, but that will make us more fulfilled and happy than anything else. I believe there is a plan for all of us. Like stations we will visit to leave our mark on our own or somebody else's life. The path to and between those stations are filled with our dreams and our struggles to achieve them, but no matter if we do or we don't, we will get to those stations. [Because it's written].

Sorry. This must be a mess to read. See it as my mindmap. (Just as well-organized as my mind:)

I need to say one more thing.

The Hedgehog
A few nights ago I was outside watering the flowers around my parents' house. I was talking to my cat (she makes me so happy) as she was following me around, trying to help in her own way. There was a hedgehog moving in the same circles as we did, and a couple of times it looked at us, clearly wanted to spend some time with us, but too shy to really do it. Well, maybe another night.

Anyhow. It didn't take me long to notice that everytime I spoke, the little nozy thing approached me. When I stopped talking, it moved away again, like frightened of its own courage to come closer. I did test it a few times and there's no doubt. I reasoned: It must be that my mother who sometimes gives the hedgehog some treats, must be talking to the animal whilst coming closer. So "the hedge" maybe thinks I'm my mother and thinks I'll feed it. So I asked my mother about it. No, she said, I never talk to him, I might scare him away.

No comments: