Thursday, May 15, 2008

You make me dance you make me cry

Jason, Jason - What you do to me..

So I got home after too many hours of work, and what I thought would make me smile tomorrow, made me smile today: Jason's new CD was delivered. And I thought it would be fabulous. But it's beyond that fabulous. I cannot find the words to describe it.

However - I can find the words for what it does to me.

It makes me dance and it makes me cry. It makes me smile and it makes me not want to sit still. It makes me wanna write poetry.

'Coz Jason Mraz knows how to put his words. How to dig in under my skin and place his voice where it'll make me feel the most. I have a lump in my throat and I don't know whether it's there because I'm happy, sad or just moved and touched. All over.

I usually give you my favourites, but not this time. There is not a single song on that album I'd give away. I can tell you, though, that Butterfly makes me dance samba. Coyotes makes me gasp - it's a masterpiece. Lucky with Colbie Caillat is a happy tune, Love for a Child makes me sad.

I'm telling you. There's something that puts this CD on the top of my list.

No comments: