Friday, May 30, 2008

There were enough tears to drown in

I ran my hand through your hair
Twining it around my fingers
'Cos I knew the scent would soothe me
When later you'd be gone--

There were enough tears to drown in
But still happiness filled our eyes
With a sparkle we knew
from years before.

We always were as strange, I thought
What held us together also tore us apart.
The signs I'd read in your eyes, days ago
I had no option, but to let you go.

As I heard the door close behind you
My knees bent by force
The sparkle was fading
The happiness was gone.

What was left was the scent of your hair
I held my hand to my nose and I left it there.
I knew the decision was mine
and I was the one to make you leave.

Still - as I heard the door close behind
I knew it was wrong, what I did.
So strong I was - driving you away
as it left me crying for another day.

I wanted to shout
"Come back, I beg you -
It's not always easy to explain the things I do".
But I was weak and you were strong
I made you leave and you weren't to come home.

Maybe one day
We'll stroll along the water
And the sun will make it glimmer
and dance in our eyes.
Maybe then we'll understand
The sparkle that was there
Right from the start, to stay through life.

So what's so special with some sparks?






No comments: