Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Paper hearts

Now pay close attention, because I might not. With one eye on Jack Johnson's concert from April, and the other one on the keyboard, I might make some mistakes writing this poem of tonight.

It's called Paper Hearts.

So much love to give
and no one special to give it to
So I painted
100 pieces of paper
bright red
And I cut
100 pieces of bright red paper
into the shape
of my heart
I put some pieces
here and there
I left some pieces
everywhere
Some I dropped
as I walked
and they traced my foot steps
all the way home
Some I spread
from the basket of my bicycle
as I let them escape with the wind

Maybe - just maybe - I thought
one of them
will be caught
by you.

As I got home
On my door step I found
a piece of paper
Heart shaped and blue.

I hope you liked it. I feel happier than ever, without any particular reason to it.

No comments: