Saturday, November 3, 2007

And the world turned white

I woke up half an hour ago and saw a world that during those last hours that I've been sleeping in peace, had turned white. I know exactly what music this calls for, there's no doubt. David Gray's Life in slow motion. That is an album with a sound landscape that makes angels in the snow. He could almost have called the album "Life in snow motion" instead. And this is a perfect day to play it.



There is always something magically beautiful with the first snow that stays for a while. Today it makes me long for days so cold and so white, that there is no question about what to do with the day: Pack the bag with something to eat and drink, pull on the snow shoes and hit either the woods or any open landscape. Those days out in the cold, in the middle of the shimmering snow - they will make you feel that all the worries you ever had are gone, that the future is so bright it's almost blindening. It's amazing what nature and temperature can do to lift us up.

But I'll still have to wait. This snow will melt within a day or two. I will have to wait for a while.

No comments: