Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Whatever works, Woody

I love Woody Allen movies. I always have. And there seems to be a new one behind every corner nowadays.

It's not that long ago that we got to enjoy the fabulous combination of Woody Allen and Penélope. Vicky Cristina Barcelona was a great movie. Not just because of Woody, not just because of Penélope, not just because of Barcelona. But the combination of the three. It was magic and it was love at first sight.

Cassandra's dream was likable. Not one of the best, but definitely one to watch.

Match Point
was excellent! It had it all! The beautiful actress, the setup, the dialog, the great plot. And as I remember it, the ending was the cherry on top. One of the best movies I've seen.

Scoop - not the best of the new Woody Allen movies, but not a bad one either. Hugh Jackman does make it a whole lot better.

Oh, I used to love Hannah and her sisters! I remember being like glued to the TV, mesmerized by all the talk, talk, talk!

Manhattan. I remember the last time I watched it, at two in the morning, it was perfect.

Now, the next one to watch for sure is Whatever works. Just have a look at the trailer and you'll see it's got Woody Allen written all over it. It's like in Vicky Cristina Barcelona where the first 30 seconds already gave away the great, familiar style of W. Allen. I can't wait!




No comments: