Monday, October 5, 2009

Poem of the day - Inspiration by Zach Ashton

So many So much

Ten years is a lot of days
With a lot of feelings
expressed in a lot of ways

All those things between you and me
Could we ever have guessed
what we would be?

And here we are, ten years later
With ten more years of life, all gone by, day and night
showing in our hearts, on our faces, in the colour of the hair.

A few wrinkles and a lot of gray
A lot of love and even more faith
As time goes by
we remain
The same.

And here I am thinking
What would your words be?
- my friend
- the one I wanted to love
- the one that loved me more
- the one that I stood by
- the one that stood me by
- the one whose soul I knew
inside out
- my soul mate
- the one with whom I shared so many songs
so many words
so many thoughts
so many
so much
--

If I could choose them words, I'd gladly be
- your friend
- the one you wanted to love
- the one that loved you more
- the one that you stood by
- the one that stood you by
- the one whose soul you knew
inside out
- your soul mate
- the one with whom you shared so many songs
so many words
so many thoughts
so many
so much
--

Yes, we made a few messes
We raised a lot of dreams
We twisted and turned on the way
But as deep as it is, I know it'll stay
And as I try to say
In so many ways
With so many words
So many lines
So many thoughts
So many
So much.
Thank you.

No comments: