Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Im not good for you"

"I'm not good for you." He leaned onto the bar, making his tall body seem shorter.
I took a sip of my beer.
"What do you mean?"
I was eager to hear what he had intended.
Who was good for anybody, really?
I had no clue, whether this man would be good for me in the end, but I sure was intrigued by his ways.

I had met someone similar to him before. A man that wasn't shy about speaking about himself, about revealing everything. I guess that was what made me stand before them with my jaw dropping. For me it was something exotic, strange, even a bit scary. I quite liked it.

"I'm not gonna take you home. Not you, not any woman. Not before I have gotten all sorted out."
He was talking about his ex-girlfriend.
Yes, I knew he was not even close to being over her. It was written all over his face.
"I'm glad."
It was the truth.
"I'm not waiting for you to fall into any trap."
That was a lie. I had, in some way, waited for him to fall into my trap. Why? I wasn't sure. It must have been the mix of right and wrong that was written all over him. He was bad news, I knew that. And that's why I stood there, that Thursday morning, sharing a beer.

No comments: