Friday, September 4, 2009

Poem of the day

I said it yesterday and I felt it go straight to my head as soon as all the letters, one after another, had formed a sentence.
Am I lucky or what? (Are you?) To be living my passion. To be breathing, dreaming and being my passion. I believe this body was born to dance. And I am more than happy to have been given - yes given - a dance partner that will pull the best out of me. I cannot wait for Sunday and the new class. Let's see what we can come up with. You know, I always wanted to be a good dancer, and guess what? I really think I'm getting there. It can't be bad when it allows every cell of your body to stretch out in some kind of mental high. OK, it is not perfect yet, but that is not what's important. What is important is that this is what makes me feel alive, this is what makes me feel in love with life, this is what makes my soul blossom. This is how I'd like to be portrayed. As the one who dances from the soul. I never thought that would make me so happy, and here I am, dancing three times a week.

Isn't that enough for a happy existence? I believe it is.

And then, to the poem.
It is quite some time since the last one. It's because I have a heart that is neither broken nor sore. Sad but true, that is a fact that stops the flow. I'll give it a try anyway.

They now seem sweet
All those memories
Yet once they tore me into pieces
Now --
I don't know. Is it me? Have I grown? Have I evolved?
Or --
I just can't stop myself from wondering
every now and then
Whether things actually just did nothing less
but followed the path.
Yours and mine.
And sometimes I just can't do anything but -
I'm thinking
Whether we would have found ourselves
apart
shattered
broken
If things had ended like we wanted to
Instead of how we needed to.
I can't keep myself from asking
Whether my love for you would have
Stayed
or
Died
--
[Yes, it might be the wine, but how can we be sure? True feelings they come out eventually. Maybe they were just waiting for the bottle to be opened?]

It stayed and that should be our pride!
We kept the passion, the friendship.
We kept the music and the lazy mornings.
We kept the honesty and the warmth.
- And I'll be by your side forever!
- And you'll push me forward on my path!
[And the joy will stay as long as we are prepared to give.]

Yes, seeing the aftermath
It is quite clear.

The line was drawn beforehand, the steps were there
for you and me.


No comments: