Saturday, May 16, 2009

Be the change

You must be the change you want to see in the world.

Today I'm starting with the words of Mahatma Gandhi. They have been on my mind the whole week. I have noticed I'm surrounded by people that enforce negative thoughts where ever they walk, what ever words come out of their mouth. We cannot always choose the people that enter in our lives, but thankfully we can still choose whether to let them have an impact on our thoughts and hearts or not.

This week, after hearing some very negative things being said about a very positive person, I said I couldn't believe that said was true. I got the response "Oh, you always try to see the best in people". It was said more as an insult than anything else, but I took it as a compliment.

If we cannot give people the benefit of doubt, how would we ever get that ourselves?

Let's be the change we want to see in the world, because it might as well start from us.

No comments: