Saturday, October 18, 2008

A stranger made me feel

A stranger made me feel
What I always looked for in you
I was worthy
- of your love
That's what a stranger made me feel

After so many times
of opening my heart
of pouring out my love
to anyone passing by
just to feel
- alive.

After so many years
of waiting for this life
to take its course and remain true
to where ever it'd lead
- even if it wasn't to you.

Then along came this stranger
that took me by the hand
Made me feel all of what my heart 'd
been lacking
Made me understand.

Now I've taken
so many turns
I've started to forget
What makes me hurt.

I guess it's a good thing
Or then I'm just growing numb
From always loving so much
Waiting for that one refund.

So much love I gained in my life
I never laid out as much.
I've made investments that have paid
More gold than I ever thought to touch.

So is this feeling of emptiness
Just a sign of my selfishness
Never getting enough,
Always wishing for more?


I'd better start loving someone more sure.

No comments: