Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ben meets Rasmus

Yesterday the post office made me happy and delivered two cd's I've been waiting for.

1. Ben Harper & the Innocent criminal's Lifeline
2. The Rasmus' Black Roses

Well - nobody can blame me for having a restricted taste in music. I am well aware of how totally different these two albums are. And in their differences they seem to give me an equal amount of joy and pleasure.

Ben Harper was a nice time machine, taking me back to London, July 2nd this year. It was my first encounter with Ben & the Innocent criminals, hopefully not the last. The title song is an obvious choice as a favourite tune, as Fight outta you, but I must say the whole album creates a mood and a setting that I enjoy very much.

The Rasmus - I'd just read a critic say that the Rasmus kind of lost it to doing the same thing over and over again. Maybe so - but for me, they are doing the thing I love over and over again. It is no brain surgery, that's for sure, but it still has some very valuable sides to it. The album is produced by Desmond Child, which is noticeable. Favourites? Living in a world without you, Your forgiveness - both of those, according to me, the core of what the Rasmus is.


No comments: