Saturday, October 20, 2007

Streetsoul

I had a good feeling about this day since it started. And so far it has been promising. I finally got the time to listen to the music I got. The most positive surprise was definitely Guru's Jazzmatazz's Streetsoul. It does deliver - even more than required. I'm actually glad I started with this now 7 years old record. The track that does it for me it surely Plenty with Erykah Badu. Truely excellent! Night Vision together with Isaac Heyes is obviously great. Supa Love with Kelis does what you would expect a Kelis song to.

This record really gives me the right mood for a quite lazy Saturday. All in all I get the urge to get myself the latest addition, Vol. 4.

Today I was thinking, I should really take some time to listen to all the excellent music I've got. A lot of pearls are collecting dust. I feel a little bit bad about that. 'Cos after all, for me at least, music makes the world a better place.

I'll leave you with a poem. Inspired by who knows what. The world around me, I guess.



I light a candle just to feel the warmth of the flame
I don't feel lonely anymore
Instead I feel a sudden joy for colourful autumn leaves
for the crispness of a frosty morning,
for the purity of cold fall nights
Promising a fresh start.

No comments: