Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday morning

Saturday morning. I play AaRON's "Endless Song" from the album "Artificial Animals Riding On Neverland" to get in the mood. I admit, it's not the song to play a Saturday morning. It's a song to play a Sunday morning. So I'm a cheat. Just live with it.

There's something magical in that song. The lyrics do not reflect my mood at all - but still the whole thing does something for me. It's like looking at the rain through the window. It's like watching an endless ocean. With a darkness that seems to fill up the world around you, aswell as the one within you.


A certain kind of desperation - beautiful, endless desperation.

A strange choise for a Saturday morning.

Another track on that album that I love is O-Song, and particularly the lyrics that seem to reflect a piece of real life.
Easy talking in the bed
I drink your lies
with some corona

The heat smells good close to your head
right in the streets of Barcelona


I like Barcelona. And Corona is one of the few beers you will ever see me drinking. Which might have something to do with it.



Back to AaRON. The boys' website state: AaRON’s music takes us through the labyrinth of our lives, a detour in memories , bringing life through the eyes [of] childhood, giving the light that is needed for all vision, “Don’t care what people say, I’m dreamin’ louder every day” [line from O-Song].

Why not. It suits this Saturday morning just fine.

No comments: