Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It leaves me honored

Tonight I was lucky enough to have someone sharing their inner thoughts, their secrets of life, their plans for the future with me. As always, it leaves me honored. However - I don't feel big enough. I don't feel serious enough. I don't feel enough. I feel small, so small. And yet so happy that I am given the kind of trust it requires to have stories of life revealed to someone. When I hear about these tragedies, these stories of loss, of disappointment, of life showing its darkest shades.

I never understand how people can be the most optimistic, the most forward looking, after dealing with the biggest tragedies. I'm not sure I could. I feel overwhelmed by the thought of such pain. I have had my share, and it is - thank God - not even close to what some people have had to go through. And somehow they manage to come out stronger on the other side!

In times like these I wish more than ever, that there really is a reason to it all. I want to believe there is.

I am left a bit speechless tonight. What is there to say? How could I ever understand? How could I ever even commence to grasp it? There is no way. And suddenly I feel so small with my in comparison tiny obstacles in life. They sometimes drag me down and leave me on the ground, gasping. Not so strong after all, right?

Life comes in big portions, good and bad. Sometimes they seem too big to chew. Hang in there, everyone. Let's have faith, after all, there is not much else.

I need something nice and easy to round up with. Jovanotti's Baciami ancora is just that. I checked the soundtrack to the movie by the same name and I see it contains a few other favourites, Citizen Cope, to name one.



No comments: