Sunday, May 16, 2010

Summer, please stay!

I was away for four days and the summer arrived as soon as I stepped onto foreign ground. Yes, you can have it, I am not bitter! I got my internal summer and the rest of you got it outside, win-win, right?

Travelling and getting to hug those people you love but haven't seen for a long time always makes me think about relations, about love, about how happy I should be. Once again that happened. Once again I was reminded of the importance of doing our best to keep the people we love in our lives. That doesn't come by itself, you know. It requires work. And another point I'd like to make: Please don't ditch people out of your lives just because the boyfriend-girlfriend-relationship ended, or because of any other reason. Not if they are important to you.

I am quite good at keeping my loved ones close. I am glad I am. No casting in my life for certain roles, I can love you today as a friend, tomorrow as a lover and the day after that as a person. I think that's my secret, actually. The people I love are the ones that make me the person I am. They are the ones that keep me from falling. They are the ones that give that ordinary day a silver lining.

Thank you, I love you.


No comments: